Building Our Futures Together
New York CAAPIC is inviting you to an all ages-inclusive, interactive event to celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month and share more about what we are doing and how you can join us.
The purpose of this family-friendly event is to CELEBRATE what it looks like to be AAPI Christians living out our faith together in the city. We want to SHARE how God has been at work in our midst in the past two year as we have focused on the following:
* Advocacy: Engaged elected officials about the concerns of the AAPI community;
* Being a Voice for AAPI: Led rallies, prayer vigils, and engaged civic events around AAPI issues & concerns
* Youth Development: Launched a youth conference focused on Christian leadership development
* Mental Health: Created spaces for prayer, healing, and lament in response to anti-Asian violence; and
* Solidarity: Worked with other communities of color around common concerns such as gun violence, discrimination, and affordable housing;
To dream further together, we are inviting you to join in the conversation and connect with us at this event. There will be a light lunch, interactive activities and connection points for us to dream and ideate together on what our future can look like. There will be kids' activities, a performance and interactive activities throughout the event.
Share your story! Dream with us as we imagine what it looks like to live into the Gospel in unity across different AAPI churches and communities in New York City. Partner in this work together!
This event will be held on May 20, 2023, from 11:30 AM - 4 PM at Oversea Chinese Mission (154 Hester St, 3rd for, NYC).
Click Here to RSVP for Building Our Futures Together: an AAPI Christian Celebration